A Fix for Odd Frame & Matte Sizes

Remember this post about all the $3.00 frames I bought?  I was so happy until I tried to find something that would FIT the frames….Neither the frames nor the mattes are standard sizes!  UGH.

But then, I ran across some brilliance at Bryn’s blog.   She simply placed her art OVER the hole in the matte.  Brilliance… seriously.

Enter a download from BibliOdyssey, an enlargement at the local copy place (for $.50), some spray adhesive, and Voila!  Cheap Art.  Now, it did sort of sink in the previous matte on the left side…

Now, here it sits patiently waiting to find its place in my home.

What do you think?

This entry was posted in Crafts, DIY and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to A Fix for Odd Frame & Matte Sizes

  1. Suzanne says:

    I love that artwork and your idea of putting it over the mat is a great one! Thanks for sharing!

  2. Jen says:

    Great idea and the little bird & detailing in the frame are very pretty. I like your tablescape w/ the scrabble pieces- perfect!

  3. What a great idea! I love the picture of the bird, it’s so pretty. Maybe if you backed the picture with some sort of card-stock or stiffer paper before you applied it to the matte it wouldn’t “sink”? Just a thought… I will try this with some of the frames I have laying around! BTW – I have a giant W on my mantel. What a great initial…!
    Have a great day! Stop by for a visit sometime.
    Heidi – Heart and Home

  4. Laura says:

    I am a bird fanatic, and yours in lovely.
    This is my first visit, and I’ll be back.
    I am linking to the same party-
    Come by if you have time-


    White Spray Paint

  5. Jen says:

    Lovely! Thanks for the reference for the artwork!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>