I seem to be on a 6-month posting schedule here. It’s to the point that I almost forgot my username and password. I am slowly starting to get out of my decor/project slump but I am still struggling. Am I the only one who goes through this? Seriously, I want to know.
I’m still incredibly busy at my corporate job. And, still trying to manage life as a soccer/swim mom. (Side note, my kids did swim team for the first time this year and NAILED it). The DIVA was her normal competitive self and ended up moving up heats at every meet and went to the Championships on a freestyle relay. Grand Slam did pretty well. That kid has so much natural ability but lacks a little of that competitive sprit! #supercompetitiveproudmama.
Summer has flown by, too. Swimming, beloved family visits, 21st bday party for my baby-niece (see the AWESOME cake below expertly crafted by my sister…SHE IS MARTHA). It makes me tired but happy…
Anyhoo, I have a few things I need to finish around the house. Perhaps if I list them here, I may have some sense of accountability! Here goes:
1. Finish Curtains in Diva’s room. I need to buy the hardware and sew the pom-pom trim on the panels. PLEASE LET ME FINISH THIS BY DECEMBER 31st! Here is a sneak peak at her gallery wall:
2. Paint the son’s desk and chair. I need to decide on the paint — I’m tempted to get another quart ($$$$) of the Annie Sloan Chalk paint
3. Repaint my kitchen table. This sorta stresses me out since it needs to LOOK good and not get all mucked up. It’s a Crate and Barrel pedestal table and it did not stand the test of time. It’s almost like C&B didn’t think any food or drink would be placed atop.
4. Prepare for the great basement redo! I am currently rounding up all my options on pinterest so go take a look if you fancy!
I am also itching to start some other projects (paint the dining room) but I am telling myself I can’t start anything until I get the other nagging projects done.
I promise to try and write more in the upcoming months. That is, if there is still that one special reader left?!
I won a blog award! I go away for 6 months and lo and behold…an award bestowed upon me from a dear reader, Jane! There was a list of questions I had to consider and reflect upon. 3 weeks later, I have answers.
If you were stranded on an island and could bring only three things, what would they be? (You can be as practical or impractical as you like):
- Umm, lip balm. Black Chapstick brand. It’s my crack.
- My iPhone with unlimited battery and Wi-Fi
- Brita water filter
What is a habit or quirk that you have that people close to you have pointed out?
- Well, if you are a blood relative, there are probably 1.3 trillion quirks you would post here. So I don’t know where to start. I have been told that I hold my beer bottle like a sailor. And, I tend to be slightly overdramatic (I have a degree in Theatre… just getting a little return on my investment).
What fictional character from a movie/TV show/book do you most relate to? (or are similar to?)
- I used to be 1 part Felix Unger (The Odd Couple) with 1 part Monica Geller(Friends). However these days, I feel like Frankie Heck (The Middle).
What is one lesson learned from this year that you would like to share with us?
- To forgive others before it’s too late. Just do it.
Thanks again, Jane!!
Remember our DIY headboard?
It was modeled after this hefty lover. She ain’t cheap.
However, according to one of my FAVORITE blog-broads, here is an alternative for those who don’t want to get their hands
It’s been EONS since I’ve been here. I don’t even know if ANYONE reads this. Anyone? ( I refuse to do the “Bueller” bit. Shit, I just did it…).
Anyway, in April I took a new job (same company) and my creative mojo has significantly dwindled. That’s a post (and some psychotherapy) for another day. There have been a few things I have worked on here and there, but I typically post on my Facebook page.
I did get one thing done — and that is a living room mood board and shopping list for our friends’ parents. I am really excited to see this room completely done! The client already had the dark color on the walls and the white leather sectional so I just pulled some other key pieces and some art. I know she has already purchased many of the items and is hoping to have it done for a few holiday parties. (Minus, of course, that last 15% of layering that has to be done over time!).
My jumping off point was the little watercolor found here. I sorta want it for me-self.
These clients live over an hour away so I hope to stop by around Christmas time to take an after picture!
Seriously, someone leave me a comment to let me know if anyone is still around or if I should shut this puppy down!
IKEA ribba frame = $ 4.99
Etsy Print = $8.00
Teaching my kids the roots of all good rock and roll & life before the Biebs = Priceless.
Posted in My Home
Tagged My House
Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream. It’s a must try (especially the Buckeye State and Salty Caramel flavors).
J Crew catalogue March 2012.
$420 for a sequin cami. Seems perfectly reasonable, no?
How the HELL did I afford that J. Crew flannel I tied around my waist circa 1993?!